Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is This Staged Or Not....

At first glance I thought this was staged or Photoshoped. But if you watch this video you can tell it is not.

After a Vancouver Hockey riot, Alex Thomas fell to the ground and was too frightened to move. It was there that Scott Jones, her Australian-born boyfriend of six months, laid on top of her to protect as riot police marched around them. Then he kissed her to comfort her.


The photographer was being buffeted by rioters and riot police when he spotted the couple. "I was about 20 or 30 yards away," he said. "There were these two people on the ground in this empty street. Initially I thought one of them was hurt." He took a few shots and then the moment was lost.
"I knew I had captured a 'moment' when I snapped the still forms against the backdrop of such chaos but it wasn't until later when I returned to the rink to file my photos that my editor pointed out that the two people were not hurt, but kissing."

No comments:

Post a Comment