Sunday, February 5, 2012

SCC Art Show

This past week I went to the SCC Art show. The photography was really good and I had a great time. Richard Glass, Robert Boettcher a (photographer that was homeless), Hilary Hitchcock, Erica Thompson, Edward Whealon, Beth Goyer, and Virginia Harold just to name a few that really stood.
Richard Glass
I really enjoyed Richard's urban photography and we had a good time talking about how we like shooting some of the same places.
I really liked the
"The Office" 
2010,Richard Glass
Photograph
$145

Robert Boettcher
With Robert's work you really see the city in a different person point of view. I really got the feeling of how it feels to live on the streets. Its inspiring to read his story.
4407941_orig.jpg
Flags
2011,Robert Boettcher
Digital Photograph
$125

Erica Thompson
She had a cool smoke series where she would have a blank black background hand take photos of bright colored smoke at long shutter speed.

Edward Whealon
Edward showed captured emotion very good in his work. He shoot black and white of Hope Ville a small town of homeless people in the city of St.Louis. 

Beth Goyer
66 Auto Court.jpg
Old Ford Truck sm.jpg
Old Ford Truck
2003 Beth Goyer
Digital Photography 
$225
Front Porch Rocking Chair.jpg
Trail of Tears B&W sm grayscale.jpg
I like how she takes pictures of the old American country.

Virginia Harold
I have know of Virginia's art for a while now. Joe her younger brother is one of my close friends from high school. I really like Virginia style because she takes photos of anythings and everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment